Exercise is good for us, and we all need some sort of it to keep our bodies in good health. However, when you are working out it is important not to put abnormal strain on your body or you will defeat your purpose and do more harm than good.
Avoiding body stress when exercising
First, be sure you are healthy. It is wise to have a physical check-up before you begin an exercise regime, especially if you are recovering from an illness. It is very important not to overdo it:
- Start excising gradually, do not rush into a strenuous routine Stimulate your body systems carefully by carrying out each exercise correctly.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable
- Exercise regularly if possible at a set time.
- Results will come over time do not expect instant consequences
- You may want to consult a physician if you have just recovered from a serious illness.
Be careful not to get overheated
Heat exhaustion can creep up on you and can be dangerous. Here are a few safety tips for outdoor exercise on those hot summer days.
- In really hot weather you can schedule your exercise either in the evening or early morning. Consider working indoors if this cannot be managed.
- Be aware of warning signs like fatigue and feeling light-headed. If you experience these symptoms stop, rest in the cool and drink plenty of fluids.
- Dress in loose cool clothes that will allow your body to breathe and sweat.
- Be careful of air quality alerts, which can be more prevalent in summer. It is best to do indoor exercise if there are alerts.
It is best to take regular exercise rather than a lot of one day and none for the next few days. 20 minutes 2-3 times a day is a good regime. Or you can take a brisk walk for 2-5 miles. Bicycling is good but should be done in the cool of the day. The main thing to remember is to be careful and not overexert yourself. It is good to push yourself a little but not too much and you will see the results you need.
Get into the habit of trying to exercise at the same time and you will soon fall into a routine. Once you are in the habit of exercising you will see those pounds come off and at the same time, you will strengthen your muscles. Over time, you will see a change in yourself and will definitely feel much better, Exercise should always be coupled with a healthy diet for maximum results. As well as this you should get adequate rest so that you can have an all-round feeling of good health.